Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Fashion Week 2015


Day 1 of Fashion week was indeed brutal for me. With single digit temperatures and furious winds that made it nearly impossible to walk. I had no other choice but to add socks to my fur booties, yes, socks!

If you guys have been following me for a while, then you already know that my love for black is real! I decided to go with this kimono style jacket and front split skirt, a fur vest and to add life to this look I added a colorful clutch for a pop of color. You can find this outfit here: Top, Skirt, Booties



My 2nd day at Fashion week was definitely more fashion friendly (not as cold) As you can see, this season is all about Fur (faux fur) I am  definitely taking advantage of this trend.

Don't be afraid of layering your outfit, when done the correct way, it will look amazing, trust me! You can find the items i'm wearing here: Skirt, Top, (it's a dress) Booties, Clutch, Jacket (Similar)









Can you guys tell I'm obsessed with front split skirts? well, I am! I think they're super cute and flirty. you can find it here: Skirt, Boots, Top, Bag (similar)

With the amazing Mexican celebrity designer: Cesar Galindo.
Always a great time to chat with a group of very inspiring and amazing woman. From left to right,
My amazing friend and fellow blogger Yessi, amazing how you can get to appreciate and learn from another person in such a small amount of time. Falicia fracassi, Owner of the prestige chain of lash parlors and T.V host. Shareen Medina, a beauty, fashion & lifestyle blogger. The very sweet Martha Luna who is Editor in chief of Mdollnyc.com. Kyrzayda Rodriguez, an amazing and talented fellow fashion blogger. Manuela Luna (Me) expert in ruining group photos with a stank face 1 picture at a time.





Omg guys, Biggest apologies ever for such a long disappearing act from my blog.
As with every other year, Fashion week is definitely the most awaited week for every fashionista, and with it comes the headache, stress and chaos. For many, Fashion week is all about the street style and the diverse fashion that is seen all throughout NYC. For others, like myself, it's a time to appreciate and see the hard work and dedication invested in creating the perfect designs and bring them to life.

I was grateful to be able to experience such incredible event and witness the excitement and fun of fashion week. The Mongol collection was absolutely amazing, the use of raw and vibrant fabrics was indeed my favorite. As usual, the academy of art university which showcases various aspiring student designers completely went above and beyond and exceeded my expectations with their outstanding presentations. I was also able to see some of  Mexican Celebrity designer Cesar Galindo's work, and all I can say is "breathtaking" absolutely marvelous. Great experience indeed.


1 comment:

  1. OMG! Love that amazing black wrap skirt

    BLEURGH - http://www.bleurghnow.com

    ReplyDelete