Thursday, February 26, 2015

Love Flaws & ALL turns 1



  
If there is 1 promise I'll be able to keep its the promise that it can't and won't  possibly get any cheesier than this post! Don't judge me, it's my 1st year anniversary and I'm beyond excited.
 


 Ok, by now you guys probably got the point! I think I'll cut the finger signs now.
































  


Exactly 1 year ago today I came up with the magnificent idea of creating a fashion blog. No, it did not just suddenly happen! There was a lot of analyzing and thinking invested prior to making the decision to go ahead and create one. So why exactly did I start a fashion blog? I can probably sit here and go on and on as to the many reasons why I decided to do so, but I'll keep it plain and simple.   

After carefully  analyzing all the pros and cons of having and maintaining a fashion blog, (which most are cons for me due to my full-time schedule and school at the time) I decided to go for it, not for monetary compensation, not to become Instagram or social media famous, not to get freebies or attend events, I did it for the simple reason of being able to maybe inspire or motivate at least 1 person to see the beauty and uniqueness that we all possess as individuals. I want my blog to be a little more than just fashion, but I'll talk about that in a later post.

Yes, It's an overwhelming amount of work that goes into keeping up with a blog, it's not easy having to get someone to take your pictures when it's freezing or overly hot outside, it's not easy having to write a 400 word post for a magazine and another few hundreds for a personal blog especially when you're beyond tired from your full-time job. It's not easy to always stay on top of trends and have to maintain a daily interaction in social media, IT IS NOT EASY but I'm up for the challenge.

I LOVE dressing up, I love looking and feeling my best, I do it for me, it's my hobby and it keeps me sane. When I first created Instagram 2 years ago, I mainly  posted pictures of my weekend outfits and my favorite beauty pieces and accessories which in return attracted many people with the same interests. I started with 20 followers who were mostly friends and family, within 6 months I reached about 3,000 thousand followers just by random people looking at my daily posts and liking my style. 

I started receiving many requests and questions about styling and where my pieces were purchased, which led me to consider a blog.Within this time, I met Elizabeth Marte, creator of 1 of the most successful and influential fashion blogs who created a path for me in the fashion world. I can't thank her enough for helping me achieve and overcome many of my fears of creating a blog. 

 I receive many emails from individuals who don't exactly feel great about their physical appearance for a number of reasons. Many have a lot of insecurities and feel like they don't have the confidence  to look good in whatever it is they want to wear, often times asking for advice on how to feel good about themselves when wearing something... That right there is reason enough for me to continue doing what I love, being able to help someone even if it's just by telling them what to wear.

I have had indeed many amazing moments in my 1 year of blogging, like meeting great and inspiring people and having the opportunity to write for an online Latina magazine! Never in a million years did I think that someone would like my style enough to have me become a member of their team,  Chicafresh has indeed opened a door for me in the fashion/blogger world and I'll forever be grateful for such opportunity.


THANK YOU to all my 50+ thousand followers for following my journey and watching me grow in this crazy but rewarding experience, thank you for all the amazing comments and likes, thanks for believing in me. 

Pieces worn here are all very old (most) Here are similar pieces. Coat, Pants, Top, Pumps, Clutch

1 comment:

  1. Stunning!
    Love this neutral look

    BLEURGH - http://www.bleurghnow.com

    ReplyDelete